How to reinstall device in Windows 10/11 Device Manager
- It is essential to shut down your device before attempting to uninstall it from Device Manager.
- You can only temporarily disable devices in Device Manager unless you delete the files from the directory.
- Device drivers can be updated if the device does not work properly after reinstallation.
XINSTALL BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE
Using Device Manager to reinstall a device after it has been uninstalled is very common. Although in most cases you may not need it at all.
Device Manager is a component of the Windows operating system that controls hardware connected to the computer. Therefore, it allows users to tweak or modify the material.
However, in some cases, users have accidentally deleted devices from Device Manager. This can cause panic among users.
In such cases, it may be useful to know how to reinstall the device. Thus, the reason why we will be providing the solutions in this guide.
What happens when you uninstall a device in Device Manager?
After uninstalling a device from Device Manager, it will stop working on your computer.
However, they will be restored if the remaining files are not removed from the system before restarting your PC. Since Device Manager scans the computer and automatically loads all available drivers.
How do I reinstall uninstalled devices in Device Manager?
1. Restart your PC
- press the the Windows key, enter Device Managerand run it.
- Right-click on the device name and select Uninstall device.
- Hurry Other + F4 keys together to start the Windows Shutdown box.
- In the options box, locate Restart and click on it.
- Click on OKAY or press Walk in key to restart the PC.
Restarting the PC will automatically activate Device Manager to load all available drivers on the PC. Therefore, uninstalled devices that are not removed will be reinstalled.
However, if the PC fails to load the device, you can use DriverFix to download and install the latest drivers for the device.
⇒ Get DriverFix
How to remove and reinstall a device from Device Manager in Windows 10?
- press the the Windows key, enter Device Manager, and run it.
- Click it arrow symbol next to the device you want to remove.
- To the right of the device, click Stock in the menu bar, then click Uninstall.
These ways to use Device Manager to reinstall devices on your PC. However, you can also view hidden devices in Device Manager.
Also, if your Device Manager is missing COM ports, you can check out our guide to fix it. For more information on Device Manager, see our various articles and guides on this page.
Leave your questions and suggestions below in the comments section, and we’d love to hear from you.
Start a conversation